He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light. Job 33:28

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cherishing the Moment

Eating the dough... he doesn't appear to like it!

Making Cookies

In the Laundry Hamper

Playing with blocks - he can put them together by himself now.

Gray working at his desk.
Tragedies are a reminder to enjoy the blessings in life because you don't know how long you will have them.  This morning I found out that a co-worker's teenage son was killed in an accident last night.  My heart stopped and although I know that I cannot understand what they are going through, if it had happened to me, life would not be going on...in an instant things have changed forever.  I had been very productive this morning, feeling proud of all I had accomplished while Gray wandered around playing with a multitude of toys.  When I got the news, I just felt like what I had been doing didn't matter anymore.  I have a beautiful son, here today, and that is what matters.  As I held him and cried, I couldn't help but feel thankful that it wasn't our family going through this tragedy yet burdened by the fact that someone else had to.  Gray and I went on to make cookies together; he didn't have a clue what he was doing, but I felt like I was treasuring the moment.  I've attached a few pictures of what we have been up to.  If your heart has been burdened like mine for this family, please pray for them through this terrible time.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying. You have a cute little man there :) Could you post pics of your new house? Love you lots, Mich

    ReplyDelete